- Brand new, hands-on curriculum
- Learn about cutting edge topics
- Taught in a water treatment plant
- FREE training
- Training units offered (~ 1.6 TUs)
- Network and learn from peers
Who Should Attend?
- Recommended for A and B certified plant operators
- Targeted for community surface water treatment plant personnel
For more information about the Colorado Drinking Water Excellence Program contact:
Water Quality Control Division
Or see website
CDPHE has initiated the Colorado Drinking Water Excellence Program to continuously improve water treatment plant performance and public health protection. This program includes two workshops specifically designed for advanced Colorado water treatment plant operators.
The two-day workshops are unique in the industry and include interactive, hands-on training sessions that will be facilitated at water treatment plants. The workshops are offered at no cost to all participants.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Front Range Training at the Denver Water Foothills Treatment Plant:
Workshop 1: October 18 & 19, 2011
Workshop 2: November 1 & 2, 2011
Advanced Process Diagnostics for Performance Evaluation
- Evaluate the firm capacity of water treatment processes
- Identify and prioritize performance limiting factors
- Manage water quality data to make sound treatment decisions
Advanced Process Control and Optimization
- Optimize coagulation, flocculation, and media filtration processes
- Make and use simple, high-impact optimization tools
- Apply theory and engineering principles to everyday water treatment operations
National training experts designed and will facilitate these innovative workshops.